|quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
- 1 Description
- 2 Reputation
- 3 Ways to assassinate
- 4 Reward
- 5 List of colonels, by area
- 6 External links to maps
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
Colonels are estimated to be roughly 240-250 cm (~7.5 ft) tall, armed with heavy weaponry and are equipped with red armor that is impenetrable to bullets. They are also surrounded by a team of highly trained and heavily armed officers. The only weapons that will harm them regardless of where you hit them are heavy weapons, like Vehicle mounted weapons, the Minigun, and obviously explosives. A few head shots will reduce health quickly though, allowing them to be killed with even a low-level pistol.
During Panau's enormous military increase, tax dollars were wasted to give Colonels huge paychecks. Almost all Colonels have large mansions (some are stationed at their estates), most have their own private helicopters, one has a private jet and one has a solo propeller plane.
The standing place of a colonel is scripted to give level 2 heat if the player is spotted near a colonel or his area of operation. However, this will not vanish after the colonel is assassinated. Instead, any colonel's area will always be restricted and being near the colonel's zone will also cause any military traffic to approach your position. If spotted, you will get level 2 heat. This can be a serious problem on several places that have mounted guns or firepower that is much greater than yours. Also in Panau City and other civilian settlements, if you don't want to be disturbed in your activities by hostile Panau Military troops, evading heat a few times may cause the restriction to disappear. Hiding in covered, elevated, and concealed positions will help ease the tension between Rico the Panauan Military in the area.
During certain missions, colonels that do not count towards the overall amount of colonels killed may appear, some serving as the player's objective.
- An example of this is Colonel Chen in the side-mission "The Broader Scope". This "colonel" however uses the character model of a colonel's bodyguard.
- Another colonel appears in An Officer and a Hitman. This one wields a Rocket Launcher.
- In The White Tiger, one is at the broken cargo ship.
- During Into the Den, one shows up at the second automated artillery gun. Unlike previous colonels, this one is not required to be eliminated, making this one nothing more but a soldier that is impervious to small arms fire.
There are many different colonels. Most of them have strange hobbies and/or personalities. The reputation and activities of colonels (described in the PDA) are often against military morale. Many colonels drink, smuggle, cultivate drugs and more.
It seems there are several Muslim colonels as well.
Examples of their diversity:
- Baratham has created a small black market for weapons at his location. Rico can't use that market, but all three of the main Panauan factions buy their weapons there.
- Some colonels are very good at following the rules and stand very close to the president.
- At least two of them are very good at "sport torture".
- About 3 of them are heroes of the people. They keep criminals out of their areas of influence and generally keep the peace.
- Bamert has been stationed to a remote base in the cold mountains, as a punishment. According to his PDA entry, it has something to do with him overhearing and mistakenly reporting the steamy conversation between the minister of state and his own general.
- Two are scientists:
- Bertrand supposedly travels a lot and is difficult to locate, but unfortunately, he only appears at one base in the game. As a result, that base has two colonels.
- Abdul Ishak is an arrogant colonel who takes his religion to a whole new level, punishing fellow soldiers for "Breathing in an unholy manner" among other things.
Ways to assassinate
- "Colonels are heavily armored. Go for headshots!" - The in-game description when first encountering a colonel.
- Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher.
- Vehicle mounted weapons.
- Any high-caliber, explosive anti-vehicle weapon, such as rockets on a helicopter or plane, and the cannon on a tank-like vehicle. A direct hit can kill the colonel and his entire entourage. These can be fired from beyond the colonel's sight.
- Auto cannon fire is very effective.
- Minigun (aircraft guns included). Spraying the area with gunfire is effective. Their armor is not resistant to minigun rounds.
- Explosives (Fragmentation Grenade and Triggered Explosives).
- Both types of explosives can be thrown at colonels. These are very effective if the target is within range, but they're harder to aim.
- Triggered explosives can be placed on a car. Drive towards the colonels post, jump out and detonate when the car reaches him. This may be easier to do in an armored vehicle as normal vehicles might be blown up before it can have any chance of reaching the colonel.
- Sniping a head-shot (their heads are unarmored). Low-level weapons except explosives take at least 3 head-shots to eliminate a colonel. Sniping them from afar allows for a quick escape. Staying at a good range will also make you only get "Pre-Heat", which means that you are undetected by the military and the heat will decrease fast. Sniper rifles are a better method of long-range assassination as it has high power, long-range and can outgun small firearms. This is very good in high places such as Panau City, however, at closer ranges, any gun can do it.
- Ramming with most vehicles can easily kill them. Aircraft also work for those on higher elevations.
- Melee attacks using the Protec Grappler G3 are an effective and ammo-conserving method of eliminating Colonels. A few, clean, close up strikes to the Colonel, will result in a successful assassination. However, it is recommended to obtain a few armor upgrades and have a good general idea of a feasible escape route via grappling hook before attempting the task. This method is especially effective in urban areas such as Panau City where escape via Grapple Hook is easy to accomplish.
- Hitting them quickly to make them become vulnerable and then making head-shots can be even more effective as it gives you time to get his head in your cross-hairs before he can fight back. This method is really funny to do as the unfortunate colonel will either be falling over or stumbling backwards.
- They can also be killed by attaching an object like a Baby Panay statue head to a helicopter and be hit with full force of the swing. If that doesn't work, you didn't hit him at all.
- Attaching a vehicle or explosive barrel to a helicopter, flying up into the skies and beginning to swing the helicopter around in a circle-like formation so that the object you have grappled to your chopper will start swinging too-- let go of the object and promptly (and accurately) assure it flies into the colonel and explodes. This is also a good way of softening up a military base for an attack, but it is hard to execute.
- Attach 2 - 7 triggered explosives onto a vehicle (depending on the mass, size and max speed of it) and begin driving it towards the colonel and his men at full speed. Note: do not drive directly at the colonel, but towards the side a little. Make sure that you have enough time to ensure the car flies towards the colonel as you jump out and detonate the explosives, killing the colonel and most of his men.
- Air Propulsion Gun.
- Colonels stationed on top of buildings can easily be defeated by using the this DLC gun to blow them off of the building. Their weapons and grenades can then safely be collected later.
Each time you defeat a colonel, you'll receive 1000 chaos points, $5000 and also the morale in the area will supposedly be reduced. This can also be means of unlocking the next mission.
There won't really be any effect on the soldiers; the loss of morale is just text on the screen. In fact, they seem to start shooting at a faster rate if you kill the colonel first.
You will unlock the "Professional Hitman" achievement if you kill 25 colonels.
List of colonels, by area
|Abdul Rahman||Bukit Bura military base||X:19140; Y:9020|
|Ismaryanto||Kem Gunung Raya military base||X:21140; Y:11630|
|Azman Sherman||Bandar Kayu Manis village||X:22910; Y:13665|
|Sulung||Bandar Pekan Lama village||X:28760; Y:17590|
|Usop Yeop||Negeri Cabang military base||X:20740; Y:20650|
|Jegathesan||Kuala Gandin military base||X:21720; Y:19810|
|Bamert||Kem Serigala Kelabu military base||X:19130; Y:15725|
|Wright||Gunung Pawang Tua military base||X:27340; Y:18445|
|Bertrand||Kem Gunung Belakang Patah military base||X:22145; Y:16135|
|Zulkrnain||Kem Gunung Belakang Patah military base||X:22140; Y:16280|
|Perang Lee||Lembah Delima military airport||X:25920; Y:20230|
|Relutzu||Pulau Ombak Ribut military base||X:24570; Y:18640|
|Tunko Bin Hitam||Pulau Dayang Terlena military airport||X:4470; Y:21180|
|Lee Seng Sen||Lembah Cerah village||X:6550; Y:25515|
|Mo Zuo Itik||Gunung Hutan Merah military base||X:7880; Y:18555|
|Romel Naivalurua||Sungai Madu Leleh village||X:6540; Y:21370|
|Virgilio||Tanjung Putih village||X:2935; Y:21130|
|Jejomar Isko||Pekan Hujung military base||X:5350; Y:23780|
|Chen||Port Gurun Lautan Lama military port||X:2800; Y:22830|
|Danyal Mail||Kem Kapitan Mohideen military base||X:17220; Y:21100|
|Johnn Yeo||Negeri Cengkih military base||X:13560; Y:22865|
|Yoong||Port Kuala Besar military port||X:16145; Y:12810|
|Siu||Sungai Jernih military airport||X:12285; Y:25200|
|Che Soon||Pasir Putih military port||X:12990; Y:19240|
|Ranjan||Kem Singa Menerkam military base||X:19400; Y:6260|
|Gupta||Sungai Cengkih Besar military airport||X:20905; Y:5570|
|Adiputera||Paya Luas military airport||X:28410; Y:5705|
|Baratham||Kampung Pokok Ru village||X:26405; Y:5430|
|Tunko Isnin||Pulau Ketam Kecil military port||X:28065; Y:11260|
|Sivanathan||Pulau Berendam military port||X:25880; Y:3460|
|Muhammad Yatim||Panau City Residential District||X:4335; Y:15250|
|Tengku Baba||Panau City Docks District||X:1250; Y:14350|
|Yuan||Panau City Docks District||X:1210; Y:13545|
|Shved||Kampung Ketam Laut village||X:8450; Y:13890|
|Bachtiar Saleh||Panau City Residential District||X:4655: Y:15775|
|Rajah Idis||Panau City Residential District||X:3185; Y:14715|
|Sutan||Panau City Residential District||X:3070; Y:15350|
|Lee Yu Wehn||Tanah Lebar military base/airport||X:16065; Y:23460|
|Ismail Omar||Kem Pulau Kerbau military port||X:26615; Y:27210|
|Rakyat||Pekan Kesuma city||X:21760; Y:30340|
|Ruofan||Kem Port Pelangi military port||X:5830; Y:29630|
|Malaka||Pulau Tiga Gunung military base||X:14520; Y:26355|
|Dollah||Kem Jalan Merpati military airport||X:9915; Y:28510|
|Boon||Pulau Naga village/resort||X:15795; Y:27920|
|Awang Deris||Kem General Abidin military base||X:2255; Y:29870|
|Abdul Ishak||Panau City Park District||X:4230; Y:11270|
|Rany Kiandee||Teluk Permata military airport||X:9455; Y:5760|
|Loo Won Fui||Panau City Park District||X:3560; Y:12170|
|Chaerul Tunko||Panau City Park District||X:3900; Y:11400|
|Saravanan||Panau City Park District||X:3110; Y:12210|
|Hamid Hitam||Kem Komodor Da Silva military port||X:8555; Y:9310|
- The names of colonels Bertrand, Shved, Bamert, Relutzu and Wright were the result of a colonel-naming contest conducted by Eidos.
- Relutzu appears to have originally been named Ken Merdeka. This name still appears in Perang Lee's file.
- Colonels are the most armored enemy in game, having nearly twice as much max health as Rico does. However, they can still be killed by a head shot from a sniper at level 1.
- No colonels have a picture of themselves in the PDA database, even if it's a photo space at every profile.
- There are 54 colonels in total, with three of them being unnamed.
- For Colonels in Just Cause 4, see Black Hand in JC4.
- While they look different, Colonels in JC4 are actually very similar to Colonels in JC2. Both of these soldier types wear armored suits that render them completely immune to bullets and resistant to explosives. Both soldier types can also be damaged by headshots.
- The game's display icon above a colonel's head (three stars and two lines) resembles the real rank insignia of colonels in the modern Japanese Army (official name Japan Self Defense Force).