Longer description was released as the expansion pass description on the official Square Enix store: "Armed with a new prototype hover board, Rico vows to take down the Agency after learning of their plans to eliminate him. Tom Sheldon joins Rico on his mission and the pair begin by investigating a large submarine which has surfaced ominously off the coast of Solis. Could Rico be out of his depth against The Agency? The odds are mounting and the hunter is about to become the hunted."
After the release of the trailer, the description was set to: "In Danger Rising, Rico vows to take down the Agency after learning of their plans to eliminate him. Tom Sheldon joins Rico on his mission to stop the Agency with the all new game-changing Hoverboard and gravity-defying The Stormalong EM Zero – a gravity gun that significantly upgrades Rico's arsenal!"
Danger Rising downloadable content will be available on 5th September, 2019. Gold edition and expansion owners receive a 7 day early access on 29th August.
Because Rico and Tom stopped Project Illapa, The Agency is now angry at them. Similarly, as stated in the mission Operation Illapa, Rico is also angry at the Agency, although previous grievances have gone back as far as Just Cause 2.
The Agency sends Agent Emerson Miller with a fleet of large submarines to Solis in order to kill Rico Rodriguez and Tom Sheldon. These submarines and their vicinity act as bases that must be destroyed.
It starts with the mission Old Friends and New Enemies, when Tom gets a tip to check something out. He invites Rico along and they get ambushed by The Agency. It turns out that the Agency is tracking Rico with the aid of the grappler. Rico absolutely hates being tracked, so he needs to find Miller to deacivate the tracking.
The Agency show up with 7 giant submarines that function as Agency bases. Completing these counts as missions.
After destroying all other submarines, Tom locates Miller and his flagship, the USS Statesman. This results in a boss battle and a big reveal in the end. To avoid spoilers, go read the mission article, if you're interested: Rogue Agent.
- C3 Canvasback Hovercraft - A new version of the Agency Hovercraft.
- A5 Coyote Assault Chopper - Appears to be something like the Agency version of the Firebrand Scout Chopper, but can also drop naval mines.
- Hoverboard for Rico.
- Several large submarines that surround Solís. These are stationary vehicles and act as enemy bases that must be completed.
- 2 types of drones:
- Small machine gun drones.
- Bigger drones that operatives can stand on.
- Stormalong EM Zero - Gravity "gun", works similarly to a Mech GRIP.
- Sequoia 370 Mag-Slug - Powerful shotgun that propels enemies away with a secondary fire that shoots boosters.
- Yellowstone Auto Sniper Rifle - Automatic sniper rifle that can deploy a remotely controlled drone.
- Niagara 9mm Bullpup - Assault rifle. It can lock on targets if needed.
There are 3 types of Agency operatives. All of them are equipped with grappling hooks, marking the first time in the series with enemies that can grapple around if Just Cause 2 Multiplayer and Just Cause 3 Multiplayer are not included.
- First are normal agents equipped with the Niagara 9mm Bullpup, Sequoia 370 Mag-Slug, and less commonly the Yellowstone Auto Sniper.
- Second are agents equipped with a grappler that looks the same as Rico's from Just Cause 3, but only have Just Cause 2 level of functionality. This appears to be only a cosmetic change.
- Third are "ranking agents". There's only about 10 of them, but they're quite a bit tougher. Rico even recognizes a few of them as former colleagues. These are all armed with the Sequoia 370 Mag-Slug.
All of them have the same appearance of the Just Cause 3 grappler, but seem to have Just Cause 2 grappler functionality. They can also grapple onto drones at will.
- The Agency is known to possess advanced technology, such as personal shields, which were previously mentioned at the end of the Bavarium Sea Heist DLC for Just Cause 3. The Agency also has some bavarium due to their past alliance with Sebastiano Di Ravello, although their supply is surely limited, because that alliance ended and the new government of Medici doesn't want to sell that technology, or resource. Ultimately there doesn't appear to be any Bavarium in this DLC.
- This DLC was initially known as "Danger" and later as "Agency Strikes Back".
- Danger Rising is unlocked immediately after the mission Agency Distress Beacon. Story-wise however, this doesn't make any sense because in the final mission Rogue Agent makes some statements that imply almost certainly that Operation Illapa has already been completed.