| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
Pre-launch artwork of a base with these cannons.
|Weapon in Just Cause 4|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Infinite|
|To unlock||Not available at the supply drop|
|List of owners||Black Hand|
Army of Chaos
The Defense Cannon is a weapon in Just Cause 4.
It is the largest type of automated gun turret, with an extremely long barrel. It is safe to assume it has an enormous caliber as well, due to the huge barrel diameter. It looks more like a normal cannon, but it functions as a railgun, which means that it uses electromagnets to propel a small metal projectile. Weapons of this type should be great as long-range artillery, but they need a line of sight to the target.
These turrets are invulnerable to any weapons and cannot be grappled, but they are easy to avoid thanks to their large size and slow movement. These massive guns are powerful enough to destroy a tank in one hit or destroy a very large and armored vehicle such as the Spearhead Transport in only two or three hits. Normally they are incapable of hitting Rico when he's moving, however if the player should stay at the same place (or small area) in a cannons field of view, they can almost kill Rico in just one hit.
In region strikes at bases where these cannons are, these cannons can prove fairly dangerous until the mission is over or at a certain point in the mission where they are deactivated.
Standing near the turret is perfectly safe, as the long barrel is too long to aim near the turret.
When the cannon is about to fire, the barrel of the cannon will have a red glare.
Pressing AR Scan right on this will say:
- Base Aérea Yanacagua.
- Estación Atalaya.
- One of these on the main tower is featured in the mission Operation Illapa, where the player has to avoid getting hit by it.
- The three Nodo Defensivo towers around Illapa each have 3.
- Prospero Aeroespacial. According to general Rojas, the "override" of these cannons can be remotely "enabled". This suggests that the cannons can be made to fire at the base that they are normally protecting.
- Prospero Balística.
- Prospero Torretas.
- It is possible to destroy a similar type of turret by this guide:
- Use the grappler's retractor mode to connect the turret's gun to the ground, so that it wouldn't be able to rotate and shoot at Rico.
- Then use the grappler to pull off all the maintenance panels marked with an "X".
- Shooting at, or grappling the components inside will damage the turret and if all are damaged, the turret is destroyed.
- Be careful as that turret will emit a shock wave that can send you back giving the turret a chance to finish you off.
- After taking over certain bases for the Army of Chaos, the turrets will fire on any Black Hand.
- While this cannon can most likely kill Rico in one successful hit (because it can destroy targets stronger than Rico), the massive damage output of this gun is significantly reduced when hitting Rico just so that the player can stay alive after one hit.