| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|Delta MAH-15 Chimaera|
The Guerrilla version.
|Vehicle in Just Cause|
|Type||Heavy attack helicopter|
|Weapons||Missiles and machine guns|
|Rarity||Rare until a high level of Heat|
|List of owners||San Esperito Military|
The Delta MAH-15 Chimaera is one of the four attack helicopters in Just Cause (1).
It is a modern and stealthy looking single seat heavy attack helicopter.
Its front half is shaped pretty "stealthy", but its rear half appears to not be stealthy whatsoever.
This helicopter lacks a rear rotor, but it resembles the experimental Piasecki X-49. The X-49 uses a big ducted fan in the tail to produce additional thrust for speed. At lower speeds the rear of the duct turns to the side to counter the main rotor. The MAH-15 has no actual propeller in the duct, the duct is a bit small and there doesn't seem to be any way to redirect the duct airflow, however there are airplane tail fins on the duct exterior.
To the untrained eye, it also resembles a NOTAR-design, which uses air ducts to direct air (and in some cases some, if not all engine exhaust) to the rear of the tail and then out sideways, to counteract the rotational force of the main rotor. However, that is not the case here, because that would need a large hole at the back of the tail. There is no such hole on this vehicle. Also, the tail would have to be much thicker at the back end. The fan-less duct, pointed directly back and the airplane-like tail fins are a very unrealistic design for a helicopter tail.
It appears to be quite fast for a helicopter, but due to the combination of its size and inability to fly sideways, it has terrible maneuverability if you're trying to land into a settlement. It is good for all liberations except for military bases, as it's harder to dodge the missiles with it.
Like the other heavy attack helicopter, the Walker AH-16 Hammerbolt, it catches fire and explodes from a single direct hit with a missile. Also, like the Walker AH-16 Hammerbolt, it shoots 4 missiles at once, allowing it to destroy any target in one shot. But pretty much nothing the enemy can put against you would withstand 2 rockets.
Versions and locationsEdit
All versions have the same weapons: Missiles (shoots 4 at a time) and heavy machine guns.
|San Esperito Military||Gray||
|Guerrilla||Brown (with Agency logo)||
These spawns replace the Jackson Z-19 Skreemer that spawned there before.
- The successor to this helicopter is the AH-33 Topachula and Urga Mstitel in Just Cause 2 and Just Cause 3 respectively, as those also have unconventional designs.
- The name might reference an ancient Greek mythological creature, the "Chimera". The Chimera has also come to describe anything that is perceived as wildly imaginative or implausible, which might explain its impossible design.
- It may also be referring to the deep-sea species of fish known as the Chimaera, sometimes known as "Ghost shark."
- This is one of only two vehicles in Just Cause (1) that starts with "D", the other being the Delta 5H4 Boxhead.
- On that above note, both are made by the fictional Delta.
- "MAH" could stand for Multirole Attack Helicopter.
The other 3 attack helicopters in Just Cause (1):
The Agency versionEdit
San Esperito Military versionEdit
Black Hand versionEdit
Montano Cartel versionEdit
Rioja Cartel versionEdit