|Settlement in Solís|
|Type||Bridge and village|
|Missions that take place here||Operation Whiteout ends here and Operation Illapa also ends here.|
El Abismo is a bridge and settlement in Just Cause 4.
It's a road bridge between two mountains. Unusually, there's a small settlement built into the bridge support structure. There are also some normal houses near one end of the bridge.
The settlement is said to have "taken inspiration from shanty towns or slums in South America in real life".
The Operation Whiteout mission ends here. In this mission it is revealed that Mira and Luis live here. Gabriela also raids this place during that mission and mentions that she's aware of this place being a safehouse for outlaws. She allowed this to help in keeping Solís a safer place.
The last mission Operation Illapa also ends here an the main characters have a party where they discuss their future plans.
Afterwards, this becomes one of the default places where the player can spawn. The Black Hand still occasionally sends helicopters here, but the Army of Chaos easily defeats them with their anti-aircraft artillery and tanks.
El Abismo is located in the middle of the rainforests biome. It's between two mountains and crosses a river. There's a waterfall a short distance up-river from here.
- 2 - 3 Cadadía 83' Hatchbacks - At various parts of the bridge.
- 2 Warrior Offroaders - At the ends of the bridge, in Army of Chaos Faction colors and symbols.
- Armadillo Forklift - Near the end of the bridge.
- Banda Conveyor - Near the middle of the bridge.
- Pugilista SUV - Sometimes spawns parked at the end of the bridge.
- Traffic along the road.
- Several vehicle wrecks.
- This is the earliest known settlement from pre-release promotional materials and the earliest known settlement by name.
- Its name translates to "The Abyss" in spanish.
This pre-release video explains a game trailer that came out just before it and focuses on the settlement near the start.