They can be found only at the Three Kings Hotel and at the PBC Tower, going up and down the sides. They can be used by people who are inexperienced with the Protec Grappler G3 or just don't want to bother grappling, to reach the top of the building nearly as quick and much easier. They are never used by the AI, and are only there for show, as they can't be entered.
Their top speed may be at least 10 m/s.
Each regional central command base has a tower with an elevator, but strangely the elevators are of very little use, because they don't go all the way up, so the player still has to use stairs, or the Grappler.
This game has a number of large cargo elevators at multiple bases. They are all used in the missions that are set at those locations and most of them remain functional after the mission.
Large cargo elevators:
- Old Agency outpost next to Zona Dos has one that is only used in the mission Operation Thunderbarge.
- Prospero Tanques has one that can only be used during the mission Tanques Heist.
- Muro Fortaleza has one that is featured in the mission Fortaleza Release.
- Mina Vendaval has one that is featured in the mission Vendaval Lockout.
- La Mazmorra has one that is featured in the mission Mazmorra Rescue and Meeting Lanza Moralez.
- Prospero Balística has an extra large one that the player has to try to use in the mission Balística Burglary. This turns out to be impossible and the player has to find another way.
- Illapa main tower has two elevators. Rico uses one in the mission Operation Illapa and it can't be used again. It's not really seen being used, but in-universe it is used.
- Prisa Automóvil has an extra large one that is used in the mission Windwalker: The Stormchaser. It's not really seen being used, but in-universe it is used.
See also: Just Cause 2 Bugs and glitches.
It's not known what game platform this should work on. There is a glitch at the Three Kings Hotel on all three of the hotel towers where you can Grapple into the top section of the building. Take the elevator to the top and grapple at the ceiling. Right before making impact, cancel the grapple to propel Rico through the ceiling. This glitch will make you see the outside of the building as well some of the inside.