|quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Vehicle in Just Cause 2|
|Type||Heavy military truck|
|List of owners||Panau Military|
|The following statistics are from the official strategy guide.|
The Fengding EC14FD2 is a military truck in Just Cause 2.
It's a 6-wheeled military truck, resembling the real life AM General M-939. There's a variant of this vehicle called the Fengding EC2 Lift, which features a mounted crane arm. It comes in a variety of different liveries depending on where it's stationed. Variations include desert camo, jungle camo, snow camo, and Reapers red. The Reaper variant, which has the faction's logo painted on the side, can be found at their HQ. In some variants the cargo compartment has a metallic frame around the edges that prevents cargo from falling out. Also on Hantu Island the Japanese military one spawns in dark blue camouflage.
It's made by the fictional Fengding company.
It's fast for a vehicle this size but has a wide turning radius. It also accelerates slowly. It's not a good getaway vehicle because of these drawbacks. When traveling up steep hills the Fengding is prone to stalling, which is somewhat unrealistic as most trucks of its size have systems in place to compensate for their inability to climb steep hills. In reality, a truck like the Fengding would have all wheel drive. Unfortunately, the Fengding has rear wheel drive, which makes it a bad choice for off-roading.
Despite these drawbacks, the truck is tough and can withstand a large battering from guns and collisions. As it is very heavy it's a natural ramming solution, and can easily push other vehicles out of the way, sometimes flipping them over. It's a good choice for missions like Stranded that require a durable method of transportation.
- This vehicle spawns at many Military bases in Panau. Some of them are green-marked, meaning that if you drive that one near the military, you will not get heat. Some of them are also in camouflage schemes that don't fit the base region. It's not known if this means the vehicles are frequently driven around Panau or developer mistakes.
- 2x at Bukit Marmar Pecah - One of them is in forest camouflage, while the green-marked one is oddly in desert camouflage. It's not known if this was originally brought from the Lautan Lama Desert or a developer mistake.One of them makes the aiming box green, allowing it to be driven without attracting Heat.
- Pekan Ular Sawa - Desert camouflage.
- Kem Gunung Raya - Winter camouflage.
- Kem Kapitan Luk Ya Sian - Winter camouflage.
- 7x at Gunung Merah Radar Facility - Desert camouflage. Strangely, no other military facility in Panau has this many, and it is a rather strange vehicle choice for a base of that design.
- Kem General Vikneshwaran - Desert camouflage.
- Kem Kapitan Mohideen - Forest camouflage.
- Telok Ayer Batang - Forest camouflage.
- Kem Kuala Utara - Desert camouflage and green-marked.
- Kem Lembah Hutan - Desert camouflage and green-marked.
- Kem Gereja Merah - Desert camouflage and green-marked.
- Sungai Jernih - Desert camouflage.
- Pulau Berendam - Desert camouflage.
- Kem Komodor Da Silva - Desert camouflage.
- Gunung Pawang Tua - Forest and desert camouflage.
- At a few faction Strongholds:
- 2x at Kem Gunung Gurun supply depot. One is parked in the middle of the road near the entrance, while another is near a minigun emplacement.
- Awan Cendawan Power Plant.
- 2x at Gunung Gila Pangkat. One is near the Gas Tanks while another is in the area where the technician takes over the base.
- Kampung Bahari.
- 2x at Reapers HQ, in the traditional Reapers paint scheme. These two compose two-fifths of the five of this vehicle with a different logo apart from Panau Military. Red marked.
- At some Mobile Radar sites.
- At many Military base outposts.
- In missions:
- 3x on Hantu Island, during the mission Stranded. Painted in black, with the Japanese Military flag on the doors. Except for the two Reapers ones which can be found in free roam, these are the only ones with a logo different from the Panau Military. These are still the only three mission-exclusive EC14FD2s that have a different logo.
- A unique one which is loaded with crates must be Hijacked during the mission "Checking the Menu".
- There are 2 in Rico's Day in Court, where they are literal roadblocks.
- There is one featured in The Setup.
- Possibly others.
- "Fengding" may be a reference to the real-world vehicle manufacturer Dongfeng. Dongfeng supplies military trucks for the Chinese People's Liberation Army.
- It's not uncommon for Fengdings to spawn with the wrong camouflage for their location. It's not known if this is a glitch or if it's supposed to indicate that the Panau Military has been mobilizing them.
- The Rowlinson K22 helicopter fits perfectly into the back of the truck. The skids fit into the flatbed area, with the tail extending over the metallic frame. The helicopter will not fall out unless the truck is rolled over or tilts too far.
- This truck is a successor to the Battaille GPT-6 from Just Cause.
See also: Just Cause 2 Vehicle glitches.
The red Fengding located at the Reaper HQ can turn white at night. Upon entry, the whole truck lights up bright white. When the player exits, the light goes off.