| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Weapon in Just Cause 3|
|Maximum ammunition carried||5 (10 with 2x Special Weapon Ammo mod)|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||1|
|List of owners||Rico (if he wants one)|
Medici Military (never seen used)
The Rebellion (never seen used)
The Fire Leech is a weapon in Just Cause 3.
It's a black rocket launcher with a rocket at the front and several small fins at the back.
The Rebel drop description says "After lock-on (up to eight targets), this RPG launches one BIG rocket that splits into a bunch of SMALL rockets. And those smaller rockets? They're out for blood."
It does not resemble any particular real rocket launcher.
The Fire Leech behaves differently from other rocket launchers. It fires a single, large rocket that detonates after a short distance and breaks into 8 smaller rockets. Although the rockets act differently in different promotional material, in game, the rocket is fired after the fire button is held and then released. This allows the player time to lock on to their desired targets. For maximum efficiency, press the fire button and sweep the camera around the battlefield to lock on to as many targets as possible, then aim straight up in the air and release the fire button. This will allow the main rocket time to release the smaller missiles, which will then strike the targets in a similar, "top-down" fashion to real life missile systems. Note that a target lock will be maintained even if an enemy is off-screen.
It's a great weapon to use against a group of enemies, especially if they're behind cover.
It is very useful if trying to hit a mobile enemy. Few vehicles can avoid the speed of the individual rockets. However, tanks such as the Urga Bkolos 2100, CS Odjur and Imperator Bavarium Tank will need at least 3 shots to destroy, despite their lack of speed.
CS7 Thunderhawks as well as U-7 Dravecs (while airborne anyway) are harder to catch. During the reinforcements phase of Porto Tridente, they make their only appearance during normal gameplay, and they carpet bomb the base. The Fire Leech is very useful to destroy them, but only if you have careful timing. Fortunately, there seems to be no loss of ammo crates containing this weapon anyway at the base.
If anything, this is an excellent weapon to catch fast enemies.
Given this rocket launcher has a homing ability, this weapon can hit any designated target without fail (unless the target is blocked).
- In at least one of the weapons cabinets on the Grotta Contrabandero aircraft carrier wreck.
- Completing Cava Geminos Nord will unlock it for Rebel drop.
- A weapons cabinet on Platteforma Costa Sud I.
- Before base liberation, plenty of these spawn in weapon cabinets at Porto Tridente.
- May spawn post-liberation at a Guardia Costa Sud II weapons cabinet.
- In some earlier promotional materials and in a leaked screenshot, the name is spelled as Fireleach.
- The predecessor to this weapon is the Multi-Lock Missile Launcher from Just Cause 2 (unobtainable in the base game unless the DLC was bought).
- While this weapon has no direct successor in Just Cause 4, there are a few weapons in Just Cause 4 with homing missiles as a means of Secondary Fire:
Weapons in Just Cause 3
|Pistols and revolvers|
|Rocket and grenade launchers|