| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Settlement in Medici|
|Coordinates||N 40 44.420 E 5 44.560|
|Missions that take place here||None|
It's a military airport built on the side of a cliff and entirely held up by high concrete columns. There are two major runways, one placed above another, and there is always constant traffic of U-7 Dravecs and CS7 Thunderhawks departing, landing and flying round the perimeter.
The in-game description says: "The lofty fortress of Griphon is one of Medici's largest military airfields. During the Cold War, Di Ravello reluctantly loaned out Griphon to his Western allies, and a contingent of NATO aircraft called the base home during the days of the Cuban Crisis."
In southern Costa Sud on the side of a cliff. The base is fairly large and the iconic design makes it easy to spot on the map.
- 1 Antenna Tower.
- 5 Doppler Radars.
- 13 Fuel Tanks
- 2 Long-Range Radars.
- 3 Substation Controls.
- 5 Transformers.
- 1 Commander piloting an Urga Mstitel.
- CS7 Thunderhawk unlocks at Rebel drop.
- "Jet Frenzy II" destruction frenzy.
- "Montana Bluff Blast" crash bomb.
- "Griphon Tour Wingsuit Course".
- CS Comet.
- Urga Postolka.
- CS Navajo
- U-7 Dravec.
- CS7 Thunderhawk.
- Weimaraner W3.
- Stria Facocero.
- Urga Ogar 7 V8.
- Stria Obrero.
- Urga Fura 570.
- Urga Szturm 63A.
- U41 Ptakojester - Does not spawn here, but it shows up during liberation to drop paratroopers during a "Commando time!" event. This also works after Re-Oppression..
- This can be turned into a reliable method of obtaining the military variant if the player either makes sure not to kill all the paratroopers or further base completion from the point in which the plane spawns, as the game will consider that stage of liberation as 'complete', no longer spawning the jet. The aircraft will only spawn each time the player spawns at Griphon, or fast travels to the airport.
- The base commander uses an Urga Mstitel.
- A military Urga Mstitel can also be found hovering in the Destruction Frenzy event taking place here without a pilot. This aircraft is unable to be taken out of the challenge.
- The name of this base could be a reference to the Saab JAS 39 Gripen fighter jet. Additionally the CS7 Thunderhawk resembles it. Also, the Thunderhawk is received as a reward in Rebel drop after liberation.
- 2.1 km north of Griphon is an abandoned warehouse containing one of the teleport devices. See Medici Space Program for full info.
- The map description is totally not at all fitting the Timeline of the Just Cause universe.
- This is the only Insula Striate base south of the wall.
This base is around the 11:40 timestamp