| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
The heavy drop is a method of obtaining a vehicle in Just Cause (1), available from the PDA.
The heavy drop is ordered at the PDA. An Agency helicopter (Jackson JC - 2 Alamo) will fly overhead and drop a wooden box with the vehicle of your choice, chosen from a list of four. As with the extraction, the service is not available when you have Heat, or when you're in an insufficiently clear area. It doesn't work in cities and on roads, despite them both having lots of clear areas.
You can extract and order heavy drop when you have heat, but only when no one is attacking you. If you are in a secluded area, the Agency helicopter will arrive and pick you up/drop a vehicle, but will flee if an enemy helicopter approaches.
Be careful not to get hit by the box. The box will fall on top of the flare.
It's not possible to order another heavy drop if the previous vehicle is still close to you. The PDA will tell you that directly, or claim that all the choppers are busy. To workaround this, get far enough from that vehicle or destroy it. Using other Agency vehicles do not interfere with this.
The cargo helicopterEdit
After the Jackson JC - 2 Alamo has dropped the box, it will fly away faster than any helicopter is usually capable of moving. A jet fighter can keep up with it (proven at La Perdida Military base). The same helicopter moves at a normal speed after an extraction. It is also invincible, and cannot be shot down, but enemies may attack it with no prevail.
Vehicles, in order of unlockingEdit
- Yamada 37-14 Vaquero - Unlocked at the end of the first mission, Devil's Drop Zone.
- Bald Eagle Persuader - Unlocked after the mission Good Cop, Bad Cop (available in water only).
- GP Thunder Extreme Prototype - Unlocked after the mission Good Cop, Bad Cop.
- Whiptail Gyrocopter - Unlocked after the mission Some Enchanted Evening. On some game versions (which ones exactly?), it is available after Guadalicano Choo Choo.
- The successors to this in later games are the Black Market in Just Cause 2, Rebel drop in Just Cause 3, and Supply drop in Just Cause 4.
- The delivery crate spawns the moment the chopper flies above the flare, even though when approaching, it has nothing on its belly.