Just Cause 5 would be the fifth game in the Just Cause game series.
At the time Just Cause 4 is still relatively new and only just had many updates (see Just Cause 4 Patch history; JC4 portal and Downloadable content for Just Cause 4 for reference). Just Cause 5 has not been announced yet and there are no reliable hints to it being worked on. The article only exists to organize relevant information on the wiki.
In October 2019, it was noticed that Avalanche Studios is looking for developers to help create a multiplayer for their next AAA game. The job offer does not specify which game, but lists Mad Max, Just Cause 4 and Rage 2 as examples of the types of games they have in mind. The job offer also mentions that the game will have the Apex engine.
Speculation about plotEdit
- The end of JC4 (mission Operation Illapa) sets up The Agency as the new main enemy. Rico wants to go "take them down" and Tom Sheldon agrees to help him. They agree that having an army is a good start.
- The end of the Danger Rising DLC (mission Rogue Agent) expands this. Agent Maria Kane and her boss discuss their future plans. They stole Project Illapa technology and want to build it at a safer place. At the same time the player is shown a map of the United States where a big Agency logo appears over north-eastern U.S.
Reason for the articleEdit
The main reason why the wiki needs this article is the way forum threads use existing articles as sort of categories. There are a few threads about Just Cause 5 and the future of the game series. Most notably:
- "Vehicles you'd like to see in the Just Cause games." - A very long vehicles wish list.
- "Tanks in future Just Cause games?".
- "The possibility of cheats in Just Cause 3, 4, 5".
- "What do you want to see in JC5?".
- "I want to talk about the new vehicles in just cause 4 and 5".
See also: Just Cause 5 Wishlist.