Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions are:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, he or she is not currently able to remove bureaucrat access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see the Central Wikia contact page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop (the automated sorting does not work in outdated browsers, such as Internet Explorer 8).
- User:KronostradamusBureaucrat, Admin
- User:GMREBureaucrat, Admin
- User:Chief frank 001Bureaucrat
- User:Game widow - Banned from Wikia because of a fork problem at another wiki.
- User:GboyersBureaucrat - Demoted for inactivity.
- User:WhitehwkFounder, Bureaucrat - Demoted for inactivity.
- User:C-d-romBureaucrat - Demoted for inactivity.
- User:GtabotBot, Admin - Demoted for inactivity.
Becoming an administrator
If the wiki needs any more administrators, or otherwise users with special rights, the administrators will pick someone and promote them. Until then, direct your attention to the above list of active administrators.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators can help settle editing disputes, but only in a reasonable way. That is to say in a way that for example eliminates a pointless prolonged argument by making the article say that the information in unclear and that there are competing theories. Banning people for adding what they in good faith believe to be correct information is not what administrators should do.
Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.