| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Kem Jalan Merpati|
|Settlement in Panau|
|Geographical Territory||Lautan Lama Desert|
|Influential Territory||Senjakala Islands|
Kem Jalan Merpati is a military airport in Just Cause 2.
The name literally means "Camp Road Pigeon" in Indonesian and Malaysian. Colonel Dollah is stationed here. There's an easily missable Communications Outpost isolated from other buildings on a south-eastern hill. This is one of the two airports that spawns a Bering I-86DP.
The whole settlement covers a massive area. There's a Bio Fuel Shaft in the upper area. The airport itself consists of one runway. A closed hangar is located next to it. Along the runway, on the northern side, is where the Communications Outpost can be found. The lower area also has a concrete structure next to the runway. This is where the colonel is, on the lower ground.
Multiple helipads can be found at the airport, though only one of them has a helicopter.
- Bering I-86DP - On the runway. Spawns when Rico is further away from it.
- 2 x Si-47 Leopard - On the runway and another can takeoff until you complete this place.
- GV-104 Razorback - Next to the building to the north-east of the hangar.
- SV-1003 Raider - North-west of the hangar.
- 2 x MV V880 - South-west of the hangar and to the south-west of the Razorback.
- 2 x SV-1003 Raider - North of the Communications Outpost. Another is next to a SAM Site at the end of the runway.
- MV V880 - Near the colonel.
- Maddox FVA 45 - West of where the colonel stands.
- AH-33 Topachula - Glitched spawn point, falling down the hillside.
All in all, there are 2 GV-104 Razorbacks, 1 Bering I-86DP (although there is a glitch concerning this vehicle), 2 Si-47 Leopards, 3 SV-1003 Raiders, 3 MV V880s, 1 Maddox FVA 45, and 1 AH-33 Topachula for a total of 13 vehicles, 11 of which spawn here permanently.
- Colonel Dollah.
- 5 Fuel Depots.
- 2 SAMs.
- 1 Communications Outpost.
- 1 Broadcast Tower.
- 1 Generator.
- 6 Resource Items.
- 3 Weapon Parts.
- 1 Armour Part.
- 1 Vehicle Part.
- 1 Cash Stash.
Main article: Just Cause 2 Vehicle glitches.
- The large hangar mistakenly has a closed door. The same hangars have an open door at other airports.
- Sometimes the engine sound of the Bering I-86DP and the Si-47 Leopard is heard from inside one of the hangars. This is widely believed to be a spawning or sound glitch, although it could be left in for realism (ie. pilots testing their engines in advance of a flight). From outside the hangar, on the runway side, the small antenna that is seen on the Si-47 Leopard's nose can be seen sticking out through the hangar doors. This indicates that the actual enemy occupied planes do spawn in there. With approximately 5 to 7 grenades thrown at the antennae that's sticking out, the plane inside the hangar can be destroyed. Once the plane explodes, the parts and panels of the vehicle fly out of the hangar through the walls, as if the walls are penetrable. The Bering I-86DP sometimes shares the same engine sound with the Si-47 Leopard and also spawns inside it, albeit rarely.
- Occasionally, Panau Military soldiers may spawn in there too, as their voices can sometimes be heard from inside the hangar.
- A spawn glitch occurs at this location at the southern most helipads (in the southern area), where an AH-33 Topachula spawns off to the side of the helipad, so instead of coming to a rest on the landing pad, it tumbles down the mountain. It is very hard (if not impossible) to enter the helicopter.
- Similarly another spawn glitch occurs very near the previously mentioned glitch (also in the southern area) in which a Panau Military Maddox FVA 45 spawns on the mountain side and as a result, tumbles down the mountain resulting in an explosion.
- After Hijacking the Bering that is taking off, another Bering will spawn right behind/on the first, usually when the first Bering hasn't gotten very far off the runway.
- Sometimes there are two Berings on the runway at the same time, one just sitting there, one taking off.
- This is one of only 2 air bases that have a Bering I-86DP cargo jet. In this case, this is the only air base where you can find one in desert camo.
- Once this base is completed, the Bering will not spawn or show up anymore, making it impossible to obtain if both bases that have one are completed. However, if you haven't done the Ular Boys sidemission Bridging New Contacts, there is one more taking off from the runway of Lembah Delima there. Acting fast, you can grapple the plane, dual grapple it to the ground or some other solid object, and it will redirect in the direction you directed at. Its boosters will still be on, however, probably because it assumes it is in the air.
- It is odd that the Bering spawns here, since this is a fairly small airbase, with little room for cargo to be kept.
- There is also not much room for the jet itself to be kept, as the small warehouse next to the runway does not look large enough to store a Bering, and let it be able to taxi out without getting damaged. The runway is also very small, and there is nowhere a jet can be stored, adding to the impracticality of having a Bering stationed here. Perhaps the runway was larger at one point?
- The southern section may have been larger at one point during game development, due to both glitched spawn points in the southern area).
- This is one of the few bases in the Lautan Lama Desert that has a Fuel Shaft. On that note, both airports in the Lautan Lama Desert have fuel shafts.
Locations in the Senjakala Islands
|Cities, towns and villages|
Bandar Baru Indah · Bandar Batu Besar · Kampung Cicak Hitam · Kampung Desa Lena · Kampung Ekor Bengkok · Kampung Kilang Papan · Kampung Kolam Gelap · Kampung Sawah Basah · Kampung Tasik Lembah · Kuala Rajang · Pekan Batu Karang · Pekan Belalang · Pekan Sempit · Pekan Sri Vijaya · Pulau Naga · Sungai Cerah
Kem Jalan Merpati
|Strongholds, special facilities and others|