| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
When she's first met.
(Talking about José Caramicas in the mission Breakout.)
|Character in Just Cause game series|
|First appearance||Devil's Drop Zone|
|Job||Equipment supplier; vehicle operator and smartass sunbather|
|Last known status||Alive and well|
She and Rico Rodriguez had a short personal relationship some time before the mission to San Esperito, something Tom Sheldon still remains oblivious to, despite Rico's subtle references. That relationship might be the reason why she's less than nice to Rico during most missions in Just Cause, but they start getting along better during the later missions.
Maria Kane has been with The Agency since 1994. She denied several offers to join the Agency until she was eventually convinced. More recently, she is the colleague of Rico Rodriguez and one of the main characters in the series.
She appears frequently throughout the Just Cause storyline missions.
Her tasks include:
- Pretending to be married to Tom, to keep him from looking suspicious.
- Providing Rico with new equipment and vehicles. - "You know, they keep sending me new equipment for you. Don't know why. You'll just break it. Check it out anyway." - About the Protec Grappler G3.
- Transporting Rico around the islands on a speedboat and a helicopter (missions only).
- Giving Rico at least one mission briefing.
- Making smartass comments about missions and Rico.
Her tasks in Panau:
- Gave Rico his mission briefing during the first mission.
- Helicopter pilot during the first mission.
- Telling Rico how to do his job during the first mission.
- Hangs out with Tom, possibly helping him with a cover as a tourist, but not seen doing any work.
- Gave Rico his mission briefing during the fourth mission.
Further details about her and her motivations are revealed in the mission Rogue Agent. To avoid major spoilers go there to read them.
- Her in-game character model has no such thing, but in the opening cut-scene in the mission Sink the Buccaneer, she has an odd spine-like vertical line in the middle of her stomach.
- In Just Cause Maria is voiced by Grey DeLisle. In Just Cause 2, she is voiced by Jules de Jongh.
- Oddly, she has a caduceus on her arm. That is the symbol of the Greek god Hermes.
- She is seen in every Just Cause 2 Agency mission other than The White Tiger and Three Kings.
- She looks so similar to Annika Svennson that when Annika first appeared in a JC3 trailer, everyone thought she was Maria.