| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
Their symbol and faction color, as seen on their vehicles.
|Faction in Just Cause|
|Goal, or purpose||To earn money as a drug cartel|
|Starting base, or HQ||Unknown|
|Source of money||Selling coca on an international market|
The Montano Cartel are a drug cartel in Just Cause (1).
They have many villas / drug plantations scattered all over San Esperito, that can be taken over by the Riojas, with Rico's help. Once taken over, these villas often provide ground vehicles and always provide a helicopter. The Montano cartel will chase after Rico if Montano Heat is gained at any time. They are usually seen getting into gunfights with the Guerrillas and Rioja Cartel all over San Esperito.
Strangely, despite mission information, according to which they're on Mendoza's side, they can on occasions be seen getting into gunfights with local law enforcement or the military. Sometimes, if you have heat and a military or police vehicle arrives they will suddenly ignore you and start shooting at them.
- Chevalier Supernova - Patrols the roads. Heat level 1-5. Can also encounter without heat.
- Cutler-Randall Conquistador - Patrols the roads. Heat level 1-5. Can also encounter without heat.
- Fukuda Bluebolt - Patrols the roads rarely. Heat level 1-5. Can also encounter without heat.
- Hurst Buckaroo - Patrols the roads at Montano Heat 3-5. Can rarely encounter without heat.
- Rossi 866 Corral - Patrols the roads. Heat level 1-5. Can also encounter without heat.
- Delta MAH-15 Chimaera - Patrols the air at Montano Heat level 5 when the player is in an aircraft, towards the end of the game. This may be very rare, unless it was a misidentification.
- Huerta PA51 Aztek - Patrols the air at Montano heat levels 4-5, appears in some sidemissions and liberations. Replaced entirely towards the end of the game, as Delta 5H4 Boxheads replace them in liberations, and Delta MAH-15 Chimaeras replace them at higher heat levels.
- Mullen H45 Dragonfly - Rarely appears at Montano Heat Level 5, when you're in or around a Cartel Villa.
- Shimizu - Mach 2 - Patrols the seas. Heat level 1-5. Can also encounter without heat. A gangster uses an Aviv Scarab on it.
- Triereme - RC Athena - Patrols the seas. Heat level 1-5. Can also encounter without heat.
Vehicles exclusive of Storyline missionsEdit
- Battaille GPT-6. During the mission Test of Loyalty as a drug transport truck. It cannot be saved.
- Fukuda Buckskin Trapper - After mission Field of Dreams. Spawns in traffic in the unnamed Montano coca field seen in the mission Field of Dreams.
- Hurst Buckaroo - Appears at the unnamed field in Field of Dreams at no heat. Equipped with a Mounted Gun.
- Shimizu Tumbleweed - Equipped with a mounted gun, during the mission Test of Loyalty.
- Vanderbildt Route 66 - During the mission Field of Dreams, there are several Montano Cartel versions with toxic waste barrels.
- AVIA - The crop-dusting kit variant only spawns in Field of Dreams.
Vehicles exclusive to SidemissionsEdit
- Delta 5H4 Boxhead - Appears only during missions and all cartel villa liberations after Guadalicano Choo Choo.
- Huerta PA51 Aztek - Appears in sidemissions, liberations, and high heat.
- MV - Appears in a Rioja sidemission.
- Potomac Silverbullet - Appears in a Rioja sidemission.
- Wallys GP - Appears during some villa Liberations and sidemissions.
- Ballard Sentry STRL - 14 - Appears in a Rioja sidemission.
- Ballard Centronel AAWV- 21 - Appears in a Rioja sidemission.
- Cutler-Randall Arrowhead - Appears in a Rioja sidemission.
- Adler FF M-72
- Aviv Scarab
- Aviv Panthera - Mission only
- Barclay Phantom - Liberation only
- Gallini M39 "Husher" - Mission only
- Haswell Gen2 Vindicator - Liberation only
- Mako Ocra - Mission only
- Moretti CCW Centurion
- Moretti CCW Praetorian
- Moretti P.94
- Mounted Gun
- Triggered Explosive
- Nova 9 - Mission only
- This faction is similar to the Roaches from Just Cause 2. They both grow, traffic and smuggle drugs.
- The faction name may be a shout out to the 1983 moive "Scarface" - more specifically, the film's protagonist, Tony Montana.
- Unlike the San Esperito Police Department, San Esperito Military, Black Hand, or Guerrillas, the Montano Cartel only have their primary logo, and wherever a stripe decal, secondary logo, or tertiary logo should appear, the area is blank. This can be seen on the Huerta PA51 Aztek.
- Montano Cartel foot soldiers can spawn in Rioja-controlled settlements during sidemissions.
- It is the only faction whose boss never appears or is mentioned in the game.
Vehicles exclusive to Storyline missionsEdit
Vehicles exclusive to SidemissionsEdit