| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Panau Military Satellite|
|Settlement in Panau|
|Geographical Territory||Berawan Besar Mountains|
|Influential Territory||East Tanah Raya|
|Missions that take place here||Taking Care of the Dishes|
The satellite dish in the base measures about a kilometre across. The base itself is a circle around the gigantic satellite dish, with 8 towers (4 to manipulate the dish and another 4 to hold the satellite receiver up), placed opposite to their counterparts across the dish. The small towers can be entered and houses each a control panel to manipulate the dish that only can be accessed.
It's not completely explained, but during the mission Taking Care of the Dishes, it's said that the military uses it to track the Ular Boys activities in the area. This base is a part of the Panauan Space Program.
- 4 Broadcast Towers.
- 2 SAMs. Both located opposite to each other of the dish.
- 4 Generators.
- 1 Water Tower.
- 6 Fuel Depots.
- 2 Drug Drops. (These do not add to the completion of the base)
- 7 Collectable Items:
- 3 Weapon Parts.
- 2 Vehicle Parts.
- 1 Armour Part.
- 1 Cash Stash.
One resource item is inside a control room and can be entered through a doorway on the tier above it. It may seem closed off but that the item is located at the bottom of a staircase within the tower. Another way to access that resource item is to start Taking Care of the Dishes, find the red beacon showing the first control panel then go down from there. It should be there
- MV V880.
- MV Command - Only during the side-mission Taking Care of the Dishes.
- Mullen Skeeter Hawk - On a helipad at the east end of the base.
- UH-10 Chippewa - Only during the side-mission Taking Care of the Dishes.
- This place is an easter egg to the 1995 James Bond movie "Goldeneye", in which it is a satellite that controls an EMP weapon in outer space that is aimed at London. It is later destroyed, making the mission that takes place here a reference as well.
- PAN MILSAT also resembles the real life Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, which is a gigantic radio telescope used for astronomy. This was used as a filming location for Goldeneye, mentioned above.
- As explained above, this base is very important, so realistically this base would have several more SAMs than just two, at least 4, in the event of a air attack (Rico attacking by a type of armed Helicopter).