| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
As seen in the Black Market.
|Weapon in Just Cause 2|
|Maximum ammunition carried||Up to 144|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Up to 16|
|To unlock||195000 Chaos points|
|List of owners||Panau Military|
Mile High Club guards
The Shotgun is a weapon in Just Cause 2.
For any other type of shotgun, see Shotgun (disambiguation).
The shotgun is very quick and an effective close range weapon. Up close, the weapon does an extremely large amount of damage and will kill a usual enemy in 1 shot. It will kill elites in 2 or 3 depending on distance and where the shot is aimed. The shotgun has a greater range than the Sawed-Off Shotgun but still isn't very effective at longer range. It does just as much damage as the sawed-off shotgun, but it's more commonly found. Its brute power as well as a slight increase in range over its sawed-off counterpart means that clearing out guards on the Mile High Club is almost too easy. The power is also great for blasting people off Motorcycles and ATVs, so this can be great for pursuits when you have an extra few faction members to help you or whilst you're on the Stunt position of a moving vehicle. Also its pellet spread is narrower than the sawed-off variant so blasting individual targets won't be much of a problem. One blast should take out objects like Gas Pumps, Water Towers, Transformers, Generators and maybe Broadcast Towers within two shots.
Upgrade the shotgun at the Black Market to increase the amount of ammunition it holds and to increase its range and amount of pellets per shell. Strangely the pellet increase doesn't help against enemies. Just sabotage destructible objects.
It fires semi-automatically and reloads in just one pump. The extra ammunition is in the lower pipe, under the barrel.
|Maximum carried ammuntion, not counting the magazine||48||64||80||96||112||128|
|Minimum number of shots to kill a grunt||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Minimum number of shots to kill an elite||2||2||2||2||2||2|
- Carried by many Panau Military elite soldiers, especially in close quarters.
- Carried by many faction elites as well.
- Demolition Officers who are stationed in Bio Fuel Shafts might use this weapon. They might also use a Assault Rifle or Machine Gun.
- Faction missions involving prolonged close-quarter engagements will usually provide one.
- This weapon is among the middle to last weapons to be unlocked in the Black Market. The cost is $45,000.
- It's the standard weapon for the guards aboard the Mile High Club.
- Reapers HQ, near where the faction soldiers are shooting on Pandak "Baby" Panay Billboards.
- Wajah Ramah Fortress, at the canyon start (where the faction helicopter touches down in Into the Den).
- Tom Sheldon uses it in the Agency mission The White Tiger. In a development error, he is shown getting out an Assault Rifle in the cutscene.
- He is seen picking one up again in the opening cutscene for Three Kings, but he doesn't use it in that mission actually.
- This weapon creates a large amount of blood spatter when hitting people at close range, but not as much as the Sawed-Off Shotgun.
- As an automatic shotgun with a clip up to 16 shotgun shells, this weapon is excellent at mowing down enemy Panau Military soldiers.
- It is also very good at killing people in Just Cause 2 Multiplayer.
Weapons in Just Cause 2