| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Sniper Rifle (JC2)|
As seen in the Black Market.
|Weapon in Just Cause 2|
|Maximum ammunition carried||Up to 27|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Up to 9|
|List of owners||The Agency|
Gambler's Den Gambling Group
Mile High Club guard
The Sniper Rifle is a weapon in Just Cause 2.
For any other kind of sniper rifle, see: Sniper Rifle (disambiguation).
The weapon is especially good for assassinating colonels, as headshots will always result in a one-shot kill, and the scope allows a player to take them out at range, before they have the chance to shoot back. When shooting at a moving motorcycle directly front-on, there's a chance that it'll launch the motorcycle into the air. It can also, like the Revolver, kill helicopter pilots through the windshield with a single bullet, though doing so with this against an attack helicopter is much more dangerous as the player will be exposed to its guns. Otherwise, it is not recommended when facing a large number of enemies due to its low rate of fire and low reserve ammunition. It will take out any target within 1 shot after it is upgraded to level 6.
Even at level 1, Colonels can be killed in one headshot from this weapon.
At level 6, it was a noticeable change in firing rate compared to other levels, and can unofficially be used as a scoped assault rifle.
|Minimum number of shots to kill a grunt||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Minimum number of shots to kill an elite||2||2||2||2||2||1|
- Owned and used by the Panau Military.
- Often used by the Panau Military in Guard Towers, or on water towers in military bases. When used by enemies, it will have a laser sight and will fire after about 2 to 3 seconds of being steady on you. It will do a fairly large amount of damage at once, so it's best to take them out quickly.
- Several of their snipers have to be killed in several missions (mostly in Stronghold takeovers).
- Pulau Berapi has two of them floating in mid-air, but before the settlement is completed to 100%, several spawn at elevated positions. More details can be found in the article.
- The highest concentration of snipers is in the mission The White Tiger, when you have to eliminate all the guards at Lengkok Sungai Gambler's Den. Three of those "guards" are snipers who, unlike Panau Military snipers who search for you, seem to be able to find you instantly (unless you are under the floor) and if you haven't upgraded your health bar, can prove very fatal if you get hit.
- If you get high heat at the Mile High Club, a bartender will appear with this weapon at the back.
- Provided in the Ular Boys mission Rico's Day in Court.
- Provided in the Reapers mission The Broader Scope.
- An Imperial Japanese Military sniper wielding this weapon can be found on the main tower of the Hantu Island facility.
- At X:6490; Y:27550, on a stone block near some ruins.
- At X:4075; Y:22010, on the ground in a weapon crate near some ruins about 640 m west of Tasik Permata map marker.
Weapons in Just Cause 2