| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|Vehicle in Just Cause 3|
|List of owners||Civilians|
Medici Police Department
|Top speed (km/h)||153 (192 on the police version)|
|Top speed (mph)||95 (119 on the police version)|
The Stria Joia is a car in Just Cause 3.
In-universe, it is a successor to the Stria Carera G.
It has two fake vents on the rear bumper and the Stria corporate grille.
The rebel drop description says "The Joia combines responsive handling and reliability in an economic model sedan. Offers surprisingly capable off-road performance."
The Medici Police Department used to use modified versions of this vehicle for patrol. They can be found at police stations. They feature police light bars and red and blue Battenberg-like markings. Strangely the sirens on the vehicles are not functional and they only have a usual horn.
They are all found heavily covered in dust and dirt, indicating that they haven't been used in a long time. This is probably due to the D.R.M.'s takeover of all the police stations in Medici, which took place shortly after Di Ravello came to power.
This choice of vehicle corresponds with many European nations, where hatchbacks are favored over larger cars for affordability.
According to the "The art of Just Cause 3" book that came with the collectors edition: "The graphic design on this police car was inspired by the Lamborghini's used in Italy's police force. As the game progressed and we phased out the police forces, these cars are now, for narrative reasons, abandoned throughout the countryside but still driveable."
It features front wheel drive.
When cruising under light throttle it sounds the same as its bigger sibling the Stria Kavala. As such, it performs similarly with average low-rev pull but it definitely gets faster the higher it revs. Drive-ability is hampered slightly by its quick steering (noticeable on country roads) and its grabby brakes which are prone to locking at the rear. As a whole it is good for darting through towns and winding roads, but less so on the highway. When tested it reached it reached 100km/h (62mph) in 6.1 seconds, which is performance similar to a real-world Peugeot 308 GTi 250. It is not, however, a very adept highway cruiser, as its top speed is 153km/h (95mph). This is particularly unusual considering its performance; real-world hot hatches with similar acceleration can usually achieve 230-250km/h top speeds (140-155mph). Care must be taken in hard braking, especially from high speed; the rear brakes lock up very easily and can cause spins in emergency stop situations.
The police version has an engine that revs out much higher and has a top speed limited to 192km/h (120mph). It has the same steering, handling and brakes as the civilian variant, but is definitely better on the highway which makes it worth using over the civilian version if available (see below). As tested, recorded a 0-100km/h (62mph) in 5.4 seconds, putting it not far behind a Mitsubishi Evo X for acceleration.
- At most police stations, before they're liberated. Some stations have over 3, while some police stations don't even have parking lots.
- Extremely rarely found in use by the D.R.M. or Medici Military in traffic or heat.
- In traffic, all over the map.
- After bringing one to a garage, it can be called in at any time via rebel drop.
- There are several wrecked Joias found all over the map. Interestingly, the wrecked cars are all the Medici Police Department version of the Joia. These cars may have been destroyed during the D.R.M. coup.
- "Joia" means "Jewel" or "Gem" in Portuguese.
- Despite being an emergency vehicle, the police version has no functionality to use the siren or emergency lights. It also cannot be stored or unlocked.
- This is one of the few Stria vehicles which are not based on a Fiat.
- The police variant sounds turbocharged, while the standard version does not.
- The Rebel drop menu incorrectly labels this as a sedan.
- After liberating the entire map, the only place one can find a police version of this is at Fortalessa, where one spawns outside the police station.