|Weapon in Just Cause 3|
|Maximum ammunition carried||11 (21 with Gear mod "2x Special Weapon Ammo")|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||1|
|To unlock||Complete mission Tangled Up In Blue|
|List of owners||The Rebellion (through rebel drop)|
Rico Rodriguez (if he wants one)
The Thunderbird is a weapon in Just Cause 3.
The Rebel drop description states: "A staggering advance in technology, this portable point-and-shoot EMP gun FOW disables vehicles and Bavarium shields across a large distance."
It is a FOW rifle that projects an EMP blast that can destroy any vehicle it is aimed at, including Trains. Due to being an FOW weapon, it is among the most powerful in the game and is the defense mechanism of choice for the Medici Military for defending the Corda Dracon: Centcom base, where it is incorporated into stationary cannons.
It is not recommended to stand on the vehicle you are planning on destroying, as this would kill Rico.
While its rebel drop description claims that it "disables vehicles and Bavarium shields across large distances", it actually has a very short range (limited to a single train carriage before the shot dissipates) and has a slightly smaller area of effect than a shotgun blast. It also permanently disables Bavarium shields, so it's not advised to use it against any shielded vehicle (Imperator Bavarium Tank or Urga Mstitel) that you're planning on Hijacking.
This weapon is advised for the last storyline mission: Son of Medici, where it can be used to greatly weaken Di Ravello's helicopter by neutralizing its shield.
- This is added to the Rebel drop list of "special weapons" after completion of the mission Tangled Up In Blue.
- The way the weapon is named is unusual. The weapon is literally named "The Thunderbird" instead of simply "Thunderbird".
- The name is often confused with the CS7 Thunderhawk.
- The name is a reference to the 1960s television series "Thunderbirds", which was set in the future and featured wondrous large vehicles.
- This weapon has the longest reload time of any weapon.
Weapons in Just Cause 3
|Pistols and revolvers|
|Rocket and grenade launchers|