Hi, I'm an admin for the Just Cause Wiki community. Welcome and thank you for your edit to Template:Mr Classified!
Please leave me a message if I can help with anything. Enjoy your time at Just Cause Wiki!
- Are you telling me to join the Discord?
- Answer to your question:maybe. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 22:15, July 1, 2019 (UTC)
- Just saying, you wouldn't have to ask if I'm present on my talk page, which I wouldn't see for up to 20 hours, if I've only just left. If you don't normally use Discord, it might seem like a pointless inconvenience to own yet another redundant account somewhere. GMRE (talk) 21:37, April 10, 2019 (UTC)
- I don't even have a Discord. Can I change my username? (talk) 05:30, April 11, 2019 (UTC)
About quality levelsEdit
Firstly, there's 2 sets of them. The old ones are for example "Quality-level-2". They look nearly the same, but they have a minor glitch. So the solution is to use the newer one: "Quality-level" and then edit the article in "source mode" (or some other way) to change it to "Quality-level|2", which then activates it with the right level. I only edit in source mode. (See the Illustrated guide to editing for what the source mode is.)
Understood. Can I change my username? (talk) 14:05, June 1, 2019 (UTC)
What did I apparently miss?Edit
That there's no picture. Can I change my username? (talk) 20:44, May 31, 2019 (UTC)
Right. I see the difference. Also it's "wrong" not "wring". Can I change my username? (talk) 14:05, June 2, 2019 (UTC)
Ok. Can I change my username? (talk) 05:33, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
Don't rename pagesEdit
- You saying that 'cause of the redirect? Can I Change My Username? (talk) 19:53, June 14, 2019 (UTC)
Especially because of that. Problems:
- As usual, there was a grammar error right in the new name. There was a missing space.
- Articles should never be named "Something (disambiguation)". In case of a disambiguation, the disambiguation itself should be called "Something" and all items on the list would be something like "Something (JC2)", or "Something (mission)". This results in links that are the most convenient to use and find.
- In this case there was no need for that disambiguation because nobody who played JC3, or JC4 would use the keyword "flak cannon" when searching for the anti-aircraft guns in those games. Only JC2 has a "Flak Cannon". "Flak" isn't even an english language word, or any word for that matter.
- That disambiguation would be a redundant duplicate to the Artillery article.
- Situations like that are much easier resolved by adding something like "See Artillery for any other anti-aircraft guns." at the top of the page, which is what I did.
- Didn't know the Artillery article existed. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 12:56, June 15, 2019 (UTC)
JC4 weapons templateEdit
Problems with it:
- I eliminated the empty and pointless "pistols" line. If there are none, then there's obviously no need for this area. And if there were any, the word for them should be "handguns" to include revolvers (if any).
- The weapon types should be copied from the supply drop article where they were copied from the game. Otherwise you're only making things more confusing for players who are looking for help.
- Don't accuse me of something I haven't done. I didn't create that template. It was somebody else. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 11:41, June 15, 2019 (UTC)
Characters main categoryEdit
Individual characters should not be added there. That's only for articles about types of characters and character sub-categories. Same as with vehicles, locations, weapons, ... GMRE (talk) 19:43, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Oh,Sorry. Didn't know. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 19:45, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
Possibly copyrighted screenshotsEdit
- That "competing" site's link is on this wiki. Is a picture too much? Can I Change My Username? (talk) 19:49, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
- We don't want a situation where the owners of that site might notice that we have a bunch of screenshots from them, which they could demand that we remove. Or worse, they could demand that each picture must be accompanied by a link to their site, which would send our visitors to their site. GMRE (talk) 19:53, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Why is a picture from the interactive map site accompanied with a link to said site be 'worse'? Can I Change My Username? (talk) 19:57, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Because that map site is directly competing with the wiki as a source of information about the games. It would be worse, because in that stuation, we could remove the pictures and replace them, but if we were too lazy to do that and instead posted links, it would sent people there. Every second they spend there is a second that they spend away from here. And we want them to stay here. That's how it works. GMRE (talk) 20:16, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Then blame Mysterious Rony for taking photos of regions from gamefaqs and then linking the website. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 20:24, June 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Anyways, the problem is resolved, so lets not make a big issue out of it. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 00:15, June 19, 2019 (UTC)
Stop changing "its" to "it's".
- Oops. They didn't seem right. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 13:00, June 20, 2019 (UTC)
- Ok. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 13:06, June 20, 2019 (UTC)
R or D?Edit
- It's Sur. I might have confused "Sud" and "Sur". Can I Change My Username? (talk) 19:44, July 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Anyways, most (if not all of it) has been fixed. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 22:39, July 8, 2019 (UTC)
- So you can rename that one file. Can I Change My Username? (talk) 23:20, July 8, 2019 (UTC)