- 1 For Your Information
- 2 Do you remember exactly...
- 3 New background
- 4 If you're still sneaking around...
- 5 JC4 temporary box art
- 6 JC4 artworks for editing
- 7 If you like to fiddle around with coding...
- 8 If you know what exactly causes the "auto-refresh" to show up on Recent Wiki Activity and Recent changes...
- 9 Should there be a JC4 countdown?
- 10 So you have JC4?
- 11 Infobox Bracket Issue
- 12 Game director interview
- 13 An idea
- 14 Uh... what happened?
- 15 Proposals for a new background
- 16 We have a problem at the Medici article
- 17 Hey
- 18 Hello!
- 19 New issues
- 20 New game again
- 21 End of christmas
- 22 Need your help
- 23 Another image replacement thingiemajig
- 24 Wiki Representative introduction
- 25 Your input is required
- 26 Pointing something out...
- 27 Get ready with the background update
- 28 Background
- 29 Not sure if it's intentional, but...
- 30 The background at discussions is broken
For Your Information
I have been on hiatus since September of 2017 due to focusing on post-secondary education. I will still respond to any questions you may have, be prepared to wait however. Thank you for understanding.
For previous messages from late 2012 and up: Archive.
Do you remember exactly...
...how you added the auto-refresh feature to the Recent Wiki Activity page of this wiki?
If you're still sneaking around...
JC4 temporary box art
I made that for the mainpage. I predict that the final game box art will have a more compact "Just Cause 4", but the way the sky will partly blend into the rest of the art will be the same. The tone difference at the line is something I can't fix, but it's something. GMRE (talk) 19:54, June 30, 2018 (UTC)
JC4 artworks for editing
Since you're our editing guy... If you want any high-resolution JC4 artworks, go to http://www.justcause.com/ and scroll down to where you can download a "fan kit". It has several JC4 artworks. Some are normal size and some are the largest picture files I've ever had in my computer. Like 12000x4228 pixels. Even as JPEG it's still 69.9 MB!
- Thanks for that! Downloading it right now. I'm sure it will come in handy. Kronos Talk 21:41, July 22, 2018 (UTC)
If you like to fiddle around with coding...
We're going to need someone to update the Just Cause Wiki:Article quality levels template(s) to the new code. Wikia has let us know that that specific coding for collapsable templates is now outdated. https://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Collapsing+help
"ShowHide is no longer supported, but is in use on this page. You should consider switching to the MediaWiki collapsible selectors, such as class="mw-collapsible". See the Collapsing help page for more details."
- Looks like showhide is actually only used on the bottom navboxes such as Template:Medici. While that template looks great from a visual and usability standpoint, the actual code is a total nightmare. Gonna have to really work on that. It also looks like common.js now REQUIRES a wikia staff member's approval before changes can be implemented, that is such bullshit. I quit the day that wikia.css requires approval. Kronos Talk 02:32, October 5, 2018 (UTC)
If you know what exactly causes the "auto-refresh" to show up on Recent Wiki Activity and Recent changes...
...could you perhaps look into whether or not it's stable or not?
It's been several days since both pages have had the auto-refresh "disappear" (as in the page has to be directly refreshed to see any changes) Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 23:11, October 6, 2018 (UTC)
Twenty days since it disappeared
Now I don't expect you to reply right away since you are relatively busy and all but
The auto-refresh disappeared on October 4th and is still missing today
I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of Wikia BS and they removed auto-refresh entirely or that particular coding has "rotted" (like link rot)
A full month since it disappeared
I wonder if the coding for it rotted or something
Or if there was some update that caused it to be invalid or something
A full two months since it disappeared
Do you know if the page can be fixed or something?
Should there be a JC4 countdown?
8 days, 2 hours, and 27 minutes remain for Just Cause 4 to be released when this message is left but
- Tell you the truth, the release date really snuck up on me out of nowhere. You're right about the countdown though, could have done that for sure. Sorry. Kronos Talk 17:54, December 9, 2018 (UTC)
So you have JC4?
- I haven't purchased it yet but I will be very shortly. Have watched many reviews though, seems like an improvement on Just Cause 3. While most reviews say JC3 looks better, I think JC4 has a style that's trying to resemble JC1, which is awesome. The performance improvements are also something I look forward to as JC3 ran poorly in many cases for me. I see that it is getting review bombed on Steam and has mostly negative reviews which is too bad really. But overall, I won't know until I buy it. Have you? Kronos Talk 18:01, December 9, 2018 (UTC)
Infobox Bracket Issue
- Looks like the infobox syntax had two extra brackets. Should be good now. Kronos Talk 21:15, January 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Those are necessary because they automatically turn that field into a link. The same "problem" is present on the Esperito City article.
- Manually editing all those pages... might take a while.
- Copied from User talk: GMRE
- "That's impossible. They're the result of the infobox making everything in that area a link. When that infobox was made we could not have foreseen that anyone would ever have more than 1 faction listed. If the infobox itself would be edited to remove that automatic link, we'd have to edit the articles of all characters to manually add a link. It's the same thing with Esperito City. It would take forever to edit every article to manually add thee links back." GMRE (talk) 12:05, January 6, 2019 (UTC)
- So it's something like that Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 05:32, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Do you want to edit all character articles and most (if not all) location articles to manually add the links? If not, then we'll just have to ignore that. Unless someone can find a "bot" to do that. This may sound like a suspicious move, but several other wikis are known for using bots to carry out this type of tasks. GMRE (talk) 20:35, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah... no.
- Finding a bot might take a while as well Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 20:41, January 14, 2019 (UTC)
Game director interview
Hi there, my name's Don. I run the YouTube channel Game Brain.
I recently interviewed Just Cause 2's Game Director Magnus Nedfors. The interview is now packaged into a nice 10 minute video on my channel.
I thought you might find it interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9QOY8umjo
I invested maybe 100 hours into Just Cause 2, and it's one of my all-time favourite titles, so it was great to quiz Magnus on the ins and outs of designing the grappling hook. I think you'll find some of his answers fascinating.
Let me know what you think!
- Watched the video. That's a pretty good interview actually, I'd recommend you post it to the forum. Kronos Talk 00:37, February 18, 2019 (UTC)
So I have been thinking about adding a transcript to mission articles (like who says what.) However, some of the these mission articles are so massive in length I don't know if there should be a whole separate section in the article, or if there should be some template made to collapse/show the transcript.
Do you get the meaning of what I'm trying to say? I asked GMRE about this earlier and he said to contact you.
- If we're gonna add it, we should find a way to add it into some new type of template that would be in its own section between the walkthrough and trivia. The template should either completely collapse/open the transcript, or be a small box with a set size that could be scrolled. This way it wouldn't disrupt the flow of the article. Integrating all of that into the walkthrough would be tedious and inconvenient to read in like a half of the articles where the characters just make a lot of small talk. The walkthrough in meant to aid people who have trouble figuring out what to, or how to do. GMRE (talk) 21:12, December 16, 2019 (UTC)
Uh... what happened?
If you check this, you apparently added a wiki-wordmark to my sandbox page...
...even though no such edit appears in Recent Wiki Activity and Recent changes.
Did the wiki HTML glitch or something? Or was the edit covered up (for whatever reason)?
- That makes literally no sense, I just changed it back to the normal wordmark instead of the Christmas one. Why it posted to your sandbox, I have no idea lol. Kronos Talk 22:33, January 19, 2020 (UTC)
Proposals for a new background
- See Talk:Main Page now for a... more up-to-date discussion. Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 21:39, September 7, 2020 (UTC)
We have a problem at the Medici article
Hi Krono! I have replaced Shrev64 as the the Fandom Wiki Manager for the Wiki. I am here to help you and the community out with anything you need. Additionally, I will be the liaison to full-time Fandom staff. Please if you ever have any questions regarding the wiki, editing, styling, infoboxes, templates, etc, don't hesitate to ask me, take care! --awyman13 (Talk/Work) 05:42, August 1, 2020 (UTC)
The wiki was updated to new coding and we have a few minor issues:
- The article quality level template Template:Quality-level is nolonger red. It's transparent/white.
- The recent activity template on the mainpage nolonger works.
- Template:Mainpage Box Poll nolonger works.
- Links no longer need to be typed out manually as of today. Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 20:20, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
Found one more problem
- Yeah. I sometimes use my laptop to edit the wiki, so I thought the table issue was because of my small screen, but it seems like we all have this problem. Anonymous1234abc (talk) 01:05, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
I mean recreating the exact table as a template and then replacing the original with the template. I've noticed you've done that with several big tables already. GMRE (talk) 21:24, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
- Forced the scrollbar onto the table and put it all into a template. Should be good now. Kronos Talk 22:57, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
New game again
- Just Cause Mobile eh. Okay, good to know, thanks. Kronostradamus (talk) 04:34, 22 December 2020 (UTC)
End of christmas
I don't have direct access to the good files (with out having to take a screenshot, which results in a larger file size), so you'll have to update the backgrounds again. GMRE (talk) 19:46, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Okedoke. Kronostradamus (talk) 22:04, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
Need your help
With the Template:Mainpage Box Contents. In case you haven't noticed, there are no boxes that use images from JC4. Just wanted to change that since it doesn't make sense. But the screenshots I take are bad or something, plus the template is locked so. Anonymous1234abc (talk) 00:30, 17 January 2021 (UTC)
- I don't know of any other wiki that allows users to change anything on the main page or portal pages. I appreciate you wanting to help out around here but please refrain from changing anything on the main page. Especially by way of replacing images on locked templates. If you have images you believe would look better, post them on that talk page and we can discuss what to change. Kronostradamus (talk) 00:42, 17 January 2021 (UTC)
- Okeydoke. I apolagize for for being little upset when my edits were reverted cuz it felt a little unfair but I understand now.
- About better images: the images I have in mind aren't necessarily better, but they're images from JC4. We need some pictures from all four games (Note that I said four. JC:M is excluded) since this Wiki is about the entire series. See Template talk:Mainpage Box Contents. Anonymous1234abc (talk) 03:49, 17 January 2021 (UTC)
Another image replacement thingiemajig
Wiki Representative introduction
I wanted to let you know I've just been assigned to the Just Cause Wiki, to be your point of contact with Fandom if the wiki ever needs any assistance. I'm taking over from the previous Wiki Manager assigned here, due to some reorganization going on with Fandom's internal teams, which means some of us now cover support for different wikis.
If you experience any technical issues, need a feature/extension enabled, or have any other questions (about templates, wiki design, etc.), feel free to message me. It's great being here! :) ReverieCode 10:39, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
Your input is required
Pointing something out...
- You know, I don't think there's quite enough content for a portal page... hahah. Kronostradamus (talk) 04:06, 17 April 2021 (UTC)
Get ready with the background update
The wiki just got a message (at the top of the page) that they've started updating all wikis to the new design that puts the top bar on the left edge and somehow messes up the background. GMRE (talk) 17:18, 2 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yep it's coming.
- ...even if I don't want it to. Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 19:35, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- Can't say I'm surprised, yellow was a odd choice at the top for sure... Will get to work on something. Kronostradamus (talk) 04:23, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- I don't know if that will help. Anonymous230385 Any questions? Wanna talk? 15:07, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- So I've gone ahead and switched over. Adjusted the theme and moved over the CSS. Actually looks about 90% the same now. The bright yellow bar moves to the left and turns grey too. Recommend switching over now to get used to it. Still have to work on the background but it's getting there. Kronostradamus (talk) 04:29, 9 August 2021 (UTC)
Not sure if it's intentional, but...
The new update has been released for a couple weeks now, but apparently entering dark mode on any article changes the title to all CAPS (at least for me.)
The only article unaffected by this is PAN MILSAT, which is already in full CAPS.
- Looks like I made a booboo when trying to customize some stuff. Will remove that and figure it out later. Kronostradamus (talk) 03:37, 11 September 2021 (UTC)