| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
|Vehicle mounted weapons|
Minigun and rocket pod on a Si-47 Leopard (JC2).
|Weapon in Just Cause game series|
|Usage||Some used by vehicle driver and some require a separate crewman.|
|Maximum ammunition in the weapon||Infinity|
|List of owners||Depends on vehicle, see vehicle pages.|
Vehicle mounted weapons a.k.a. vehicle based weapons are weapons that are mounted onto, or attached to, vehicles. The article summarizes the subject from the whole Just Cause game series.
There are multiple different types of weapons mounted onto vehicles in the Just Cause games. In Just Cause 2, some of those weapons are confusingly named the same as similarly functioning hand held weapons, hence the need for this article.
All vehicle mounted weapons in the Just Cause game series have unlimited ammunition.
Most vehicle mounted weapons in Just Cause do not have their own names, so they don't cause confusion with their JC2 counterparts.
In the PS2 version of the game, all vehicle mounted weapons can be switched between manual aim and auto-aim, but strangely the PC version of the game only has auto-aim. The only way to fire manually in the PC version, is when the player doesn't have Heat and is about to fire the first shot at an enemy, or when aiming somewhere, where the game doesn't detect enemies.
Harland series armoured vehiclesEdit
These armored vehicles are armed with a hull-mounted machine gun and a tank gun, multiple rocket launcher or multi-barreled heavy anti-aircraft machinegun in the turret. For more info, see the main article: Harland series armoured vehicles.
Ballard series armoured vehiclesEdit
These armored vehicles are armed with a hull-mounted machine gun and a tank gun, multiple rocket launcher or multi-barreled heavy anti-aircraft machinegun in the turret. For more info, see the main article: Ballard series armoured vehicles.
Heavy machine gun on cars and boatsEdit
Main article: Mounted Gun.
Many faction vehicles and military vehicles have heavy machine guns mounted onto them. This weapon resembles the M2 Browning. This weapon can not be fired by the vehicle's driver and require an additional crewman. They can be made useful during a Liberation, when faction members use them.
Aircraft machine gunsEdit
Nearly all helicopters have some type of machine guns. Strangely, they look like miniguns, but fire slowly like usual machine guns. What's even stranger is that they drop what should be empty cartridges, but looking closely, they're actually complete ammunition with bullets.
Aircraft rocket launchersEdit
Helicopters and planes that have these both have identical rocket pods. Some aircraft fire only one missile at a time, some fire two, and some fire four at a time, which allows them to destroy anything in a single hit (assuming all missiles hit). Two types of heavy attack helicopter even have 8 rocket pods, but they can only fire a total of 4 missiles at a time.
Hidden weapons on carsEdit
- GP Thunder Extreme Prototype has 2 hidden machine guns and a hidden rocket launcher built into its front end. These weapons can be switched between and it's also possible to switch to no weapon, which is the default setting.
- Garret Paladin has hidden machine guns in its front end. By default, they're turned off.
The ship Triton Broadsider is equipped with a gun turret that fires similarly to the tank guns on the armored vehicles.
Just Cause 2Edit
The vehicle mounted weapons in Just Cause 2 have their own weapon icons and names. This often causes confusion because the identically named hand held weapons have very different characteristics.
Rocket/missile launchers and rocket podsEdit
In reality these shoot much bigger and more powerful missiles, but in the game they seem to be the same as Rocket Launchers except they fire faster, have unlimited ammunition, and don't need any form of reloading. Also, in reality, the kind of pods that can be seen on the in-game aircraft can only shoot unguided missiles that are used for ground attack missions.
Rocket pods are carried by multiple aircraft:
- AH-33 Topachula always has them.
- Si-47 Leopard always has them.
- UH-10 Chippewa spawns with rocket pods, in addition to their miniguns, at very high heat levels.
- The Sivirkin 15 Havoc has multiple versions:
- There are Modifications that add rocket pods to many different vehicles.
Rocket launchers: Other rocket launchers in vehicles can strangely fire as fast as the rocket pods, even though they only have one barrel whereas the pods have multiple. Vehicles with this weapon are MTA Powerrun 77, Poloma Renegade and Hedge Wildchild. These vehicles are only available from the Black Market and must be fully upgraded to obtain the rocket launcher. The only exceptions are the two MTA Powerrun 77s which are parked at the dock at Unnamed island at X:20400; Y:31100 and one in the mission Smugglers do Run.
There are several types of vehicle mounted machine guns in JC2.
- Rowlinson K22 has dual machine guns when fully upgraded at the Black Market. Upgrading the BM version will also cause the civilian versions to start spawning with machine guns. Unfortunately, there are only 4 places where the helicopter spawns other than the BM, one of which doesn't have machine guns at level 6, and another is in a very-hard-to-find place.
- MTA Powerrun 77 has dual machine guns in a small turret.
- Garret Traver-Z has dual machine guns in a small turret once upgraded to BM level 6.
- Poloma Renegade has dual machine guns in a small turret.
- Hedge Wildchild has dual machine guns in a small turret.
- GV-104 Razorback can be upgraded to have dual machine guns in its turret. Two already spawn with them.
- Monster Truck has a small turret with a machine gun.
Several vehicles are armed with a "Mounted Gun", which is the same as a usual Machine Gun, but located in a shielded turret on vehicles. These mounted machine guns can not be fired by the driver and require an additional crewman. These guns are powerful enough to destroy otherwise bulletproof Sabotage Destructable Objects, but are the least threatening vehicle mounted weapons, because of how difficult it is to aim them.
They fire much faster than the hand held Minigun and do more damage.
- Several planes have them.
- Most armed helicopters have them.
- Agency Hovercraft has one in a turret.
- The Winstons Amen 69 has two on opposite sides.
The Monster Truck has a small turret that fires two grenades that explode as soon as they hit. These don't fly far, so it's not advised to fire forward while moving. They're most useful for blowing up pursuing vehicles and trees while off-roading.
Main article: Auto cannon.
In reality, any gun with at least 20mm projectiles that has an auto-loading mechanism is an "auto-cannon". This means that even the 4-barrel version of the Flak Cannon is by a modern definition a type of auto cannon.
Confusingly in JC2 there are two completely different weapons with this name. One type is a weapon that fires slowly one shot at a time and the other is basically a heavy minigun.
- GV-104 Razorback has one in a turret.
- SV-1007 Stonewall has one in a turret.
- G9 Eclipse has 4 heavy miniguns that are confusingly called auto cannons.
- Agency Hovercraft (DLC) has one in a turret.
- Tuk-Tuk Boom Boom (DLC) has one mounted to its rear end.
The Winstons Amen 69 has unusable torpedoes and depth charges.
Just Cause 3Edit
Some of these weapons have two sets of names. There's the HUD name and sometimes a more detailed name in the Rebel drop description.
|Weapon HUD name||Vehicles that have them||Additional info, if needed|
|Light Cannon||Urga Bkolos 2100.|
|Heavy Cannon||CS Odjur.|
|Cannon||CS7 Thunderhawk.||This fires like a machine gun.|
|Homing Missiles||CS7 Thunderhawk.|
|Heavy Missiles||CS Navajo.|
|Missiles||CS Navajo, Loochador, Weaponized Serpente.|
|Rockets||U-7 Dravec, Urga Mstitel.|
|Machine Guns||Carmen Albatross.||Notice that the name is plural, unlike the ones below. That's because the vehicle has 6 of them.|
|Machine Gun||CS Baltdjur, CS Powerrun 77, Custode 29, one version of the rebel Stria Facocero and Urga Szturm 63A.||Not the same as the below version. This is the new Mounted Gun that requires you to actually man the MG in order to operate it. The weapon is in a small turret on top of the vehicle.|
|Machine Gun||CS Odjur, Imperator Bavarium Tank, Urga Hrom D, Urga Mstitel, Weaponized Pescespada SS, Weaponized Urga Ogar and possibly a few more.||Not the same as the above version. This can be operated by the driver whilst driving the vehicle.|
|Fire Leech||Mech.||Not the same as the hand held Fire Leech rocket launcher.|
|Bavarium Splitter||Mech.||This is much bigger and more powerful than the hand held Bavarium Splitter.|
|Tank cannon small (never found in game)||Urga Bkolos 2100.||This weapon name is Cut game content from Just Cause 3. It was renamed before the game launch.|
|Anti-surface missiles (never found in game)||U-7 Dravec.||This weapon name is Cut game content from Just Cause 3. It was renamed before the game launch.|
The Rebel drop descriptions reveals longer realistic weapon names for some vehicles:
- Urga Hrom D description: "The Urga Hrom D is pure mayhem with a rotor on top. With the Janus-88M-Minigun and 95 Volcanus missile pre-loaded, it can make whole bases disappear in seconds."
- CS7 Thunderhawk description: "When it comes to aerial firefights, few top the CS7 Thunderhawk, featuring the M98 machine gun, M62 Mako repeating missiles and M-78 Kauga heat-seekers."
There is a EDEN Corporation Urga Szturm 63A in the game files that was meant to spawn as a wreck at the bottom of Stingray and at an eDEN science station somewhere on Insula Lacrima. It was meant to have a different design and functionality, among these differences is an AA emplacement on it instead of the standard turret. Its unknown what the AA would have looked like. See also: Cut game content from Just Cause 3.
Just Cause 4Edit
Several Vehicles in Just Cause 4 have mounted weapons.
A significant difference from the previous games is the fact that all vehicle mounted weapons now have limited ammunition.
- The Reptile AAV has an automated MG turret with 1,600 MG rounds. The turret is "automated" in the sense that it's remote controlled from inside the vehicle.
- The Cavalry Armored Truck has an external MG turret with 1,600 MG rounds.
- Fighter planes:
- Longbow Cannon Truck - Artillery truck equipped with a giant gun with 300 cannon shells. This gun will shoot at Rico if the truck is nearby and Rico has heat.
- Trains and railroads in Solís are armed with 2 types of gun turrets. One of them is a long turret and another is dual turreted. Both likely come with 300 cannon shells, but this is not certain.
- SS Borracho is armed with 7 cannons called "main cannon" and "broadside cannons".
- Stormwater Patrol Boat, Thunderbarge, and one of the cars from the Dare Devils of Destruction expansion are armed with what's called a "mortar". This thing is not really a mortar at all. Instead it launches guided missiles. There are 50 rounds in the "mortar." If Rico switches to the Mounted Gun on top, it will have 1,600 MG rounds.
- Brawler Mech has several mounted machinery, but there is a "gravity gun" which grabs a highlighted item and instantly brings it close to the mech.
- Likely several more.
The DLC includes a number of weaponized sports cars. The letter at the end of the name indicates the upgrade level. B is the entry-level, A improves the vehicles statistics and S adds wheels spikes (spear tips in the wheels, like on Roman chariots). Some vehicles get dual miniguns at S level.
- "Azor Stylex B" hatchback racecar with dual SMGs on the hood and small rocket engines to help with drifting.
- "Sol Velocista-B" with dual SMGs on the hood and grenade launchers to eliminate vehicles from behind you.
- "Excorpión Scatterbane B" - Muscle car with dual shotguns on the hood.
- A5 Coyote Assault Chopper is armed with "machine guns" (4000 ammunition) and naval mines (20 ammunition).
- C3 Canvasback Hovercraft armed with 50 missiles and 1,600 machine gun rounds in the minigun.
- X700 Flycatcher (DLC) is armed with 240 missiles.
- Hellbender (DLC) armed with 50 missiles and a cannon carrying 300 cannon shells.