| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 6.|
Bolo finds this pleasing, but she would like more.
|Walker AH-16 Hammerbolt|
Picture from game developers.
|Vehicle in Just Cause|
|Weapons||Missiles and machine guns|
|List of owners||San Esperito Military|
Ejértico Revolucionario de Liberación (never seen in use)
The Walker AH-16 Hammerbolt is one of the four attack helicopters in Just Cause (1).
It's the largest attack helicopter in the Just Cause game series, but the second largest helicopter, being second only to the Jackson JC - 2 Alamo. It has two seats, but you can never have a passenger. The pilot sits in the front seat.
It's made by the fictional Walker company.
Because of its size, the Hammerbolt is a little clumsy and slow. It has less than average maneuverability, but great fire power. It fires two salvos of four rockets with each pull of the trigger. It is good for all liberations, except for military bases with automatic surface to air missile launchers. The Hammerbolt is brilliant for making strafing runs due to its firepower. It can clear entire streets of enemies quickly, and can easily shoot down other helicopters. The autoaiming makes the rockets close in onto a target, so damage will be extraordinarily high. It can also be a great asset to have in this way.
Survivability / armourEdit
It will catch fire and explode from a single direct missile hit, but there are reports of AH-16s crashing into Delta 5H4 Boxheads and surviving without a scratch. Very rarely will this helicopter survive multiple rocket hits,
Its size makes it an easy target. The cockpit is harder to shoot, due to the windows being on top of the cockpit, rather than at the front, like on the Delta 5H4 Boxhead. This is useful when the enemies have a large number of handheld automatic weapons, because they will not be able to shoot Rico through the cockpit window. It can still be destroyed by sustained fire, so keep moving when using the Hammerbolt in combat.
- Missiles (shoots 4 at a time). The ability to shoot 4 missiles at a time allows it to destroy any target in a single shot.
- Grey San Esperito Air Force version.
- Córdoba military base. Located south-east from Guerrilla 27 Campo Halcon safehouse.
- La Perla Military Base. After these two bases are taken over for the Guerrillas, these helicopters technically become their property, but are never seen in use.
- During the mission Field of Dreams, there is a black dot on the Map that is this helicopter at an unmarked military base not far from the fields. After the mission, it disappears.
- Several appear in I've Got the Power as their only appearance in a storyline mission.
- Black one, belonging to the Black Hand.
- After the mission Some Enchanted Evening.
- It's possible to Hijack one during a town, or city liberation if it comes.
- It can rarely spawn in the mission I've Got the Power in place of a military variant.
- It is possible to encounter one at the Isla San Cristobal nuclear reactor after Taking Out The Garbage#Vol. 3. This only seems to appear when you are either hovering or flying over the reactor in an aircraft. If you leave the aircraft it will usually disappear (might only be in the Xbox 360 port).
The other three attack helicopters in Just Cause (1):
- As a helicopter with two quad missile mounts as armament, this helicopter is as, if not more, dangerous than the Delta MAH-15 Chimaera. However, this helicopter does not appear in heat, whereas the aforementioned does.
San Esperito Military versionEdit
Black Hand versionEdit
This video shows the Black Hand version of this attack helicopter.