| This article has been evaluated to be at quality level 5.|
This article may seem complete to the untrained eye, but the gaps in information are still large enough for this elite team of Panauan Ninjas to hide inside of.
The wingsuit is a set of small wings attached to Rico's clothing to allow the player to glide through the air while Skydiving. During skydiving, the player already glides forward, but the wingsuit enhances this and allows completely horizontal movement.
In JC3, the wingsuit is provided to Rico by Dimah during the mission Time For An Upgrade. Later, the Sky Fortress DLC adds weapons and an engine to it. This improved version is called "Bavarium Wingsuit".
We know from the several pre-launch gameplay videos (see at the bottom of the Just Cause 4 article) that the standard wingsuit will be back in JC4. According to advertisements for the "digital deluxe" and "gold" editions of the game, that there will also be a "Black Hand Prototype Weaponized Wingsuit" as a preorder bonus. It's described as featuring boost technology as well as missile launching capabilities.
In JC4 the wingsuit has been redesigned a little, to make the wings extends further along Ricos side. They're still only as wide as his arms, but the end of a wing is now near his knee.
The wingsuit allows a player to move fast in the air, opposed to the slow and stable parachute. It is easy to switch between Grappler, wingsuit and parachute, so staying in the air for a long time is even easier now.
According to JC3 design principal Francesco Antolini, "cars are faster than a wingsuit" and sports cars are definitely faster than the standard wingsuit, but we don't actually know how fast a wingsuit, or the powered wingsuit are.
Performance in JC3Edit
The wingsuit is also demonstrated to those without the game in the Just Cause 3: WingSuit Experience.
The Sky Fortress DLC improves the wingsuit and Rico's ability to use it. The normal wingsuit gets replaced with a "Bavarium Wingsuit" which replaces the orange stripes with blue ones. Similarly to optional Gear Mods, it's possible to switch back to the usual wingsuit. The "Bavarium Wingsuit" has the following effects:
- A Bavarium-powered booster is added to Rico's back. This is a small rocket engine with a blue exhaust. The boost feature can only be used for a limited amount of time and needs to "cool off" to regenerate. Similar to vehicle nitrous and the Dual Parachute Thrusters.
- When about to crash into an object, Rico can kick himself away from the object.
- SAMs in Medici and at the EDEN Airship will shoot at Rico while wingsuiting.
- The Bavarium-powered engine also contains a machine gun and rockets. The rockets are homing and can lock on to enemy vehicles and sabotage destructible objects. The machine gun will shoot straight ahead and have to be aimed by pointing Rico into the direction you want to shoot. This rocket launcher and machine gun also have unlimited ammo and are a very useful way of destroying destructibles without using your handheld weapons.
- It is now possible to properly land without crashing or having to switch to the Parachute.
- It is also possible to take off from the water using the Bavarium wings it as well as use it to quickly propel Rico while underwater.
Performance in JC4Edit
The standard wingsuit, as seen in several pre-launch gameplay videos (see at the bottom of the Just Cause 4 article), will have the same performance as in JC3.
The "Black Hand Prototype Weaponized Wingsuit" pre-order bonus has a booster engine, similar to the one in JC3 and a rocket launcher that fires 4 rockets to designated target.
Unlike the JC3 version, it is however nolonger possible to take off from water, indicating that the version developed by Dimah is superior to the Black Hand version.
- The in-game wingsuit consists of small wings under Rico's arms, whereas real wingsuits have much bigger wings and an additional third wing to completely close the gap between the persons legs. See more about real wingsuits at wikipedia.
- It's said in some interviews with developers that the wingsuit was inspired by youtube videos of real wingsuits.
- The wingsuit was originally meant to appear in Just Cause 2, but this was cancelled because "nobody was using the cars anymore". See more about this at Cut game content from Just Cause 2.
- The Sky Fortress DLC makes SAMs in Medici attack Rico when he's using the "Bavarium Wingsuit". The normal wingsuit, like the Parachute, is ignored by SAMs.
- The Bavarium Wingsuit is a successor to the Dual Parachute Thrusters from Just Cause 2, which upgraded the usual Parachute with engines.